Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Teaching Italian "Superstars"! Mar 21, 2012

Okay, I've got some 'splainin to do:

Okay we'll start with the averagely awesome stuff.

We met with Diego and Mariarosa finally (the random couple that came to church my first sunday here) and they are super awesome!!!! They are pretty busy people, but Mariarosa told us that she is looking for a church, and from what she's seen, this church is everything she's been looking for! Diego is looking also to just be an awesome person! He wants to help as many people as he can! Hahah and it's funny, because with Italian culture, people talk about themselves a lot, and if they've done anything selfless or anything lately, they'll tell you about it, it's great! hahah so he told us all about how he made some donation to some organization. But yeah, they are super awesome! They couldn't make it to church this last sunday, but Mariarosa owns her own store, so I imagine she'll be able to get sundays off, but unfortunately this week they are in Rome... BUT! Theyre taking their copies of the Book of Mormon to read on the train! So, yeah!!

Next, we've got Sara and Federica, who we are most likely going to get to see again tonight! They've accepted baptism, and are both super awesome! Umm I've only seen them once because the other times I was on exchanges, but yeah, they do seem pretty awesome.

Okay, are you ready? Probably not, but oh well. Lizbeth. She's 22,  and just moved from Peru 5 months ago. She was referred to us by a member, and so we went to go teach her (last monday, 9 days ago), and we found out that her uncle back in Peru is an LDS Bishop, and that she almost got baptized, but her parents wouldn't let her or something. So, yeah, she accepted a return appt for the following thursday. So, 6 days ago we went to meet with her and her husband and the member that referred her to us at our church (which happens to be only 100 meters from where they live!) And we had an awesome lesson about the restoration of the church, and they loved it! Lizbeth just ate it up, and Yuri (pronounced Jewry) as well, only he didn't show it as much. We invited them to baptism, and they accepted! So 2 days later, on saturday we taught them about the Plan of Salvation and set a baptismal date for the 7th of April!!! I don't quite know how to express how awesome they are, but they are just 100% attentive, asking questions when they have questions. Some people would say Lizbeth and Yuri are golden, and I would be inclined to agree with those people. They came to church the next day, and then we saw them again that night and taught them about the importance of studying the scriptures and praying often.  So 4 lessons in the first 7 days of meeting them, and we have another 3 scheduled for this week! Bishop is also going to come with us on Saturday to the appt, so yeah, they're awesome. I called Yuri last night to see how things were going, and he talked for 30 min on the phone! Not even exaggerating. He asked all kinds of things, about how missions work, if he could go on one. He asked about beer and smoking, and I explained to him very briefly the word of wisdom, but the part that gets me the most, is when I responded negatively to all these things (no we don't drink coffee, no we don't drink alcohol and so forth) he accepted, and then even agreed with me! Man, they are superstars!!!! And I'll have more to tell about them next week, but for now that's all I've got.

So, yeah. Life is good.

My district meetings have been kind of rough lately, but I'm learning, and hopefully improving. It's harder than I expected though, but I definitely enjoy it!!!!

I just want to leave you with my testimony of how amazing Heavenly Father is. In the last month or so, I haven't necessarily been going through a rough time or anything, but on 3 separate, and in very distinct situations I felt an extra strength like I've never felt before. Not a physical strength, but just an enormous desire to consecrate my life more fully to Jesus Christ. This desire each time has also been put into action, and I like to think that I am becoming closer to our Savior because of it. I don't know why I would deserve such a huge help, but I am extremely grateful for it! I love this church, I love the Book of Mormon, and I love our Heavenly Father and all that he does for us so that we can return to him. 

Thank you all so much for your support and everything you do for the missionaries! You are greatly appreciated!!!

vi voglio tutti un sacco di bene!!
-Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment