Monday, March 12, 2012

Doing the Lord's Work! Mar 7, 2012

There's not a whole lot to say about this week. Everything is going great! The work here is awesome: we have some awesome members who do almost nothing but missionary work hahah! One even said that if he only had a car than he'd be out with us proselyting and teaching all day!! So yeah. 

OH and we had a couple come to church today, who met the italian missionary at temple square!!! They're super interested, and we set up an appointment to see them next week!!! Hahah all the members were super impressed with us, because they thought that we had found them, but that's not the case =) Bishop pulled them aside and talked to them after church and gave them two copies of the Book of Mormon, so yeah. It's awesome!!! Their names are Diego and Maria Rosa.

Oh, and also, we found a less active member while we were walking around in the park! He doesn't speak too much italian, more spanish, but we were able to communicate pretty well. He wants to come back to church, only he works all day, every day, except for saturdays. So, that's a problem.

Hahaha I've already been back to Milano twice since last week, and i'll be going back again tonight for a missionary exchange. The first one was for a baptismal interview, and the second time was for a SUPER awesome District Leader Training conference thing. This Baptismal interview was super cool though. She's south american, but I'm not sure which country.... And everyone calls her Stella, but her real name is Margiuri (sp?). She understands Italian, but doesn't speak it too well. She speaks spanish. But yeah, one of my responsibilities as District Leader is to hold the Baptismal interviews for the investigators within my District. And so I went back to Milano 3 to interview Margiuri, and it was super cool. The elders teaching her said that she doesn't talk a lot, but I guess being able to understand her spanish (and speak a little bit) she was more willing to open up, because she would not stop talking! Hahah she bore a super powerful testimony, and taught me loads of stuff! It was way cool!!!!

But yeah, things are going great. Now, more than ever before in my life, I feel like I am doing the work of the Lord. I feel like he's preparing me to be the worthy servant that he needs from me, and it's awesome!!!! NEVER stop praying!! NEVER stop studying the scriptures. Don't just read them, but study them. Buy a 39 cent spiral notebook if you have to, and write about each chapter you read. Just anything that comes to mind while reading. Even if you don't understand the chapter, write down that you don't understand it. Trust me. I promise you that you will learn SO much more!

So, yeah.

That's it for now, I'll give you some low downs on our investigators next week, along with some pictures of me in the San Siro/Meazza Soccer Stadium (where Inter and Milan play. It's HUGE)

vi voglio tutti un sacco di bene!!!
-Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment