Monday, March 19, 2012

Slow & Steady wins the race! Mar 14 2012

Well, things are going pretty great here in Pavia! I got to have a missionary exchange with Anziano Jenson (my trainer, the frist companion I had in Italy) and I learned soooo much!!!! It was crazy! And it was good being back with him after an entire year!
As for progressing investigators, we're working on helping a lot of different people progress, but it's kind of a problem, because they can't ever commit to see us, nor do they have time to come to church on sunday.... BUT we contacted a referral from one of our members, and she seems pretty solid! She's from Peru and has been in Italy for 2 months, but is pretty devoted to learning the language (she has vocab posters ALL OVER her house!) and we're seeing her again on thursday and probably saturday! Also, we are going to finally get to go see that couple that randomly popped up in church last sunday! So we're going to prepare a super awesome lesson for Diego and Mariarosa!
I'm developing quite the skill for learning people (not just names, but getting to know them AND remembering the names) hahah with how many times I've moved around recently, and so now I already almost know our entire ward! Not that it's a very big ward, only about 60 people, but nonetheless. Hahaha but this ward is crazy!!! I'll try and put together a family tree of this ward, but literally, it is just composed of 2-3 LARGE families! haha it's awesome! Everyone's related!
I'm learning a whole lot though, especially about the power of invites. Not only with investigators, but also with the missionaries in my district. I'm learning about how important it is to give them meaningful invites, and then how doubly important it is to follow-up on the invites. And I've been seeing tons of miracles too!
Well, that's about all I've got for now. I love you all a ton, and hope that everyone is healthy and happy!!

Anziano Bushman
The Meazza Stadium (San Siro Stadium) where both Inter Milan, and AC Milan play.
The museum inside the stadium, there was some old stuff there....
Inside (those green seats are where the Inter fans sit)
This is where I sit...
This is where I sit when the game is getting intense!
This is me getting an interview, because they want me to play for them...
This is where I get dressed out for the games.


From left to right Jonathan (he's a super stud! he's always coming to lessons with us!) Nelson (also a stud, loves coming on splits with us) Andrea (also did splits with us) Anz camit, Irving (New convert), Kevin (reminds me of a young Michael Jackson), me.
Almost all of our group that went to the mtc together just this last week at the district leader training. Left to right in the group picture is Anziano Russo, Scheurn, Portellano, Jeter, Wilkey, Ellsworth, Warren, Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment