Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What A Crazy Week!!! Oct 10, 2012

Heyyyy! How's it goin?? 

This week was definitely one of the crazier weeks I've had in the mission! But before I go into it, let me describe a little bit about my comp and new city here. My companion is great! He's very much trunky though (this is his last transfer). But I have to admit, out of the three missionaries now I've served with in their 16th transfer, he's definitely doing the best! He has a very big desire to finish strong! AND I knew him in the MTC, and a little throughout the mission, so we get along great!!!

Gorizia- Is the second most eastern city, second only to Trieste. Let me tell you real quick though just HOW far east Trieste is. For most of Italy, we have the Ligurian sea on the west, and then the Adriatic sea on the east. Trieste is so far east, that the Adriatic sea is on the west for them. And then Gorizia is right next door. Interesting fact though- the city is physically divided by Italy and Slovenia. So I proselyte within 2km of our mission boundairies. Crazy, huh? Gorizia is also the 2nd prettiest city I've seen. It's not fair to judge against Siena, but Gorizia truly is beautiful!!! And it reminds me a whole lot of Siena in fact. It's a small city, surrounded by beautiful mountains covered in trees that are actually green! One of my favorite parts about Gorizia so far though, is how italian it is. Siena had a lot of culture, but Gorizia doesn't have tourists, so EVERYONE we talk to is italian. It's great!!!!

So, why this week has been so crazy. Well we started off with last thursday. I didn't actaully get to Gorizia until 10:30pm. Despite having left at 1:30. We just ran into all kinds of late trains, and it was not fun.  So no unpacking got done on thursday, as I went straight to bed. Friday I unpacked and we did our weekly planning, went shopping (in some intense rain) and had a little bit of time to do some finding work. Saturday we had no time, because we had to take a train over to Trieste right after lunch so that we could watch general conference. We stayed the night saturday night so we could also  watch sunday's general conference, and got back to Gorizia around 10pm sunday night. Monday we had to take yet another train to Pordenone for a zone meeting, and then we had a scambio with the zone leaders right after, and they only just now left. So, needless to say, I'm a little exhausted. And my companion just informed me that this interrnet point is closing, so I will have to write more next week!

I love you all! take care!

-Anziano Bushman

Jon in his new area, Gorizia, we think...
The Heal Family

No comments:

Post a Comment