Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Building our Teaching Pool! Oct 24, 2012

Alrighty! My feet hurt. Not a big deal though. We've turned Gorizia from a biking city to a walking city, mainly because we don't have a pump to pump up my tire, but also because with only 2months left, my suit pants wouldn't be able to handle the wear and tear that comes from riding a bike everyday... ALSO! We can talk to more people if we're on foot!  

So unfortunately, we don't really have any investigators.... But, there are a couple of promising people. 

JeanJacques we found last week, and have only been able to teach once, but he's super cool, comes from Cameroon, and has no religious background but wants to learn about Christ. I don't know about you, but that's just music to my ears! We should be seeing him again this week, and so next week I'll have a better update.

There was also an italian couple we met on sunday which resulted in a rather interesting contact. The wife didn't want to talk to us, but the husband made her wait, and told her to just hear us out basically. They liked our message, and want a copy of the Book of Mormon, so we tried setting up a return appointment. I don't even know how many times the wife tried to say that they're not interested, but the husband won out again when he said thursday they're not doing anything! The coolest part though probably happened on Monday while I was on scambio in Trieste. My companion said that they ran into the wife again on the street. She told them that she looked up the website that was on the pass along card and, well, still didn't seem quite as interested as her husband, but (using the "conversion scale") she went from a 1 (not interested, and even actively against) to about a 5, so I'm super stoked for tomorrow's lesson!!!

The third prospect is a friend of a new convert. This friend's name is Mattia, and he's just like any other 24yr old. Pretty cool, but doesn't have the best standards. Well, his friend and our new convert (Ivan), said that he'd been asking about this new church that Ivan is in, and so on Sunday when we were over for lunch Ivan invited Mattia afterwards, and we got talking about the Plan of Salvation. It didn't seem like much, but yesterday talking with Ivan, Ivan told us that Mattia was asking all kinds of questions about the pamphlet we gave him, and how he wants to learn more! So, yeah!!

That's about the jist of it. I'm loving it here! And I can't wait to see you all when I get home!! vi voglio bene!!

Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment