Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I'm Off to Gorizia! Oct 3, 2012

Well, I'm getting transferred to Gorizia, where I will hopefully finish my mission. I will be companions with Anziano Winward, who will be going home after this transfer (I met him in the MTC). I don't know much about Gorizia, other than half of the city is in Slovenia. And it's really, really far away from Milano. BUT! It's also in the same zone as Venezia (Venice) so I'll finally get to go see it!!!!! WHOOT!! Also, Anziano Rockwood is getting transferred to Genova, so two new missionaries will be taking our place, and we have to prepare everything for them now so that they can learn the city quickly. So needless to say, we've been pretty busy today.

It's definitely very bittersweet... I've grown to love Modena a lot in these last 3 months, and I'm really going to miss it. And Anz Rockwood and I have also grown a lot together, and it'll be sad not being with him anymore either. But, as you know, I LOVE change, and I love meeting new people, so this is going to be great! It is very weird however, knowing that I only will have 3 months with these people that I am going to meet... That's always been a guessing game in the past - I would assume I'm in a city to stay, so I would work hard and build relationships with members. But now I know I can't be there more than 3 months. I don't know, it's... weird. Unsettling. BUT! I know I'm going to love it, and I'll find a way to still win their hearts!

Well, on a happier note, Mathias' baptism was AWESOME! Mathias is such a STUD!!!! Man, I can't believe I was lucky enough to be a part of that. Anz Rockwood did the baptism and I did the confirmation.

Also! We got to go back to the Heal's house on Sunday for lunch, and they are just super awesome!!! (I'll send a picture) They're from England, and here in Italy because he's working for Ferrari's Formula 1 division. Sis Heal is from Brazil, but they met in England. They have 4 kids, with the oldest being 9 yrs old and with the coolest name EVER- Jonathan! But it was just nice to have fun with english speakers who weren't dressed up in a white shirt and tie, and also kids that spoke english! It's almost a foreign concept to me, a child being able
to speak english. I'm just used to them speaking some incomprehensible italian!

So, yeah, I'm going to miss this city and everyone in it, but I know the next one will be equally awesome! Thank you all for your continued support! I love you!!

-Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment