Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Work Moves Forward! July 11, 2012

        Whazzup??? This week has been pretty crazy! I probably say that every week, but that doesn’t diminish the fact at all, the mission is just super intense!

​      Well, I know I sound like a broken record, but…transfers! Anz Strobelt goes home to Philadelphia on Friday. My new comp will be Anz Rockwood, and I’m way excited! I’ve met Anz Rockwood in past conferences and he’s a super cool guy. Pondering on my last 4 transfers, I’m curious as to what will happen… I’ve never stayed in a city more than 5 months (Siena) but it’s not uncommon to stay 6 months. But seeing as I’m getting a new companion, (we’re not going to be together for 6 months) I’ll probably go to yet another city before coming home.


      Alright, now to important stuff. Besides the complete geographical layout of the city, I believe I’ve got everything down pretty well. I’ve been very blessed with getting to know the members quickly (the Milano 3 experience helped a lot) and our investigator pool has been cleaned of all those who don’t want to learn, and the investigators that we have now are all super legit!

      Stefania is a 21 yr old girl who has become very good friends with the youth in our ward. Her parents unfortunately don’t want her learning with us, so the ward organizes youth activities every week so she can have an excuse to come to church during the week, and then we just teach her before the activity. We had a super awesome lesson with her last week where she asked us why she feels strange (different) when she reads or meets with us, and so we had a perfect opportunity to explain to her that it’s normal, and that it’s the Holy Ghost confirming to her that these things are true. As soon as we said that she was so relieved! And now she loves reading even more! She’s awesome!!!

      There’s also Valeria. We went over to a member’s house on Friday for lunch and they brought a friend, Valeria, who’s also way cool and even came to church with them this Sunday! We won’t be able to see her again this week because she lives far away and we have transfers, but she wants to learn more, so definitely next week!

      ​My favorite experience, pero, was definitely Friday night. The 2nd counselor in the bishopric was having his 24thbirthday and, being a returned missionary, wanted an excuse for his friends to hear the gospel. So he told us to bring 4 copies of the Book of Mormon and invited us and his 4 best friends over for pizza. The lesson went great! Very different reactions from all 4, but they were all somewhat interested. And then on Sunday, Jonathan (2ndCounselor) told us that one of his friends, Davide, wants to learn more! Success!!


      So, yeah, the member work is going super well, and I’m having a lot of fun! Well, that’s all for this week!
      Vivoglio un fracasso di bene!

      Anz Bushman

At verona, but we were in a rush, so I just snapped a quick picture.
Celebrating Anz Strobelt's 2yr mark!
The Volpe family (Jonathan, next to me, is the one that had his bday recently and invited his 4 friends to learn about the gospel)

No comments:

Post a Comment