Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Supercharges! July 25, 2012

Well, another week here in Modena. Everything is going great! Unfortunately though, not too much to report. A couple of our investigators are still going strong, like Stefania and Alessandra, but other than that we're on the hunt for new investigators! The weather has been pretty unpredicatble: we had a crazy rainstorm the other day in the middle of summer. But other than that everything's been pretty tranquillo. Only thing that comes to mind is just a cool thing that's happened on my mission several times already. Periodically, without deserving them or earning them in any way, God has given me "supercharges". These "supercharges" fill me with the oddest desire to go out and DO everything I can to build the kingdom of God, and this last week I got the biggest "supercharge" yet. I can't explain why, and in fact part of me still dreads doing finding work, but this "supercharge" easily overpowers the discouragement and fills me with desire to do. And, it's awesome.

This truly is the work of the Lord. The time of his second coming is drawing nearer and nearer. Now more than any other is the time to reflect on the words of Alma in his fifth chapter:  


I say unto you, can ye look up to God at that day with a pure heart and clean hands? I say unto you, can you look up, having the image of God engraven upon your countenances?

The scriptures are real accounts, written by real people and soon enough all those that don't know this are going to find out. Today is the day to choose. And I am SO ridiculously grateful for the tender mercies the Lord has had in sending me off on a mission to gain a testimony of these things! And I thank all of you who have helped me get out here, and who are helping me stay out here. I love you all, and wish the best for each of you!

Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment