Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Modena is Awesome! July 4, 2012

Well, right now I'm actually in Verona, just finishing a scambio with some of the missionaries over here. Verona is very pretty, but also with all the tourism it's just more commercialized than I would have liked. Siena is still the best =)

My companion is great! He's staying focused and doing his best, even with only a week left. And we get along really well. In fact, he reminds me a lot of Brian Strong, as far as personality goes and what not, so it's nice to have a good friend out here, even if it is only for another week.

We got to play soccer with the members last Pday, and it was awesome! I was definitely rusty, but it was way fun. We played on a calcetto field, which is just a little soccer field, that had turf and was completely enclosed with 20ft high nets, so it was way nice.

We've had some difficulty getting from point A to point B, but I'm starting to learn the city now, so hopefully I'll be ready to go next week! Also, I'm getting better at getting to know the members right away, and talked to nearly every member in church this week and set up appointments with them! The cool part is seeing how excited they all were to have the missionaries over, because I guess the past missionaries didn't see the members too often. And with these members living IN modena, it will be a lot easier than it was in Siena and Pavia where we had to take trains to see them and all kinds of shenanigans.

Other than that we do have some pretty cool investigators. One Stefania who is super legit, but her parents aren't super supportive (but she's 21, so it's her choice). She is also very integrated already into the youth program, so we normally teach her everytime they do an activity.

Well, actually that's about all there is to say for this week. Modena is awesome, and I'm really enjoying it here!

Take care everyone, and stay safe!
Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment