Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Salmon, Easy Candy & Practice makes perfect! - Jan 25, 2011

Martedi- today was great. We had lunch at the temple, and it truly was heavenly food in the most heavenly place on earth. I had Utah-grilled salmon, and it was awesome.

Mercoledi- Italian is coming along. I realized today that every single thing Anziano Webb [and I] do is recorded in the brains of every elder that knows we are zone leaders (which is a lot more than I would have expected) and that includes all the new portuguese elders and sisters we just got, so it's kinda a lot of pressure trying to set a perfect example for them so they don't have the excuse to say "well, my zone leader was doing it, so it must be ok" so ya, kinda hit me like a tidal wave.

Giovedi- I got the Easy Candy and peppermint oil from aunt kristen today and was in HEAVEN!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! i did share some of it, but i ate probably more than half of it....lol and the peppermint oil is perfect! it works like a charm! I put some into a little bottle that you can buy here to put consecrated oil in, and everytime i get tired, i just puff a little bit of peppermint oil in the air, and it wakes me up. It also very much looks like I'm using drugs..... but everyone knows I'm not. But it's still not something Im going to do from the stand during sacrament meeting lol (the zone leaders have to sit up by the Branch presidency). We worked on I Love the Lord a little bit today.... it definitely will take some work...lol

Venerdi- I had my weekly progress review with sorella Swensen, and she helped me realize why I 've been placed with Anziano Webb, and she helped me figure out what I need to do to help him with whatever he's going through, so that was yet another daunting task that was given to me. Also, later today we met our first new Progressing Investigator (F.llo Calder acting as a former investigator he had-Giorgio, and then trying to make the experience as real as possible for us as we teach him) He made us search the MTC campus for him, and then we had to approach him, get to know him and set up an appointment to meet with him again. Oh, and this is all in italian.

Sabato- Today was awesome! We met and set up appointments with two new Investigators- S.lla Swensen as Sonia and F.llo Merrel as Jad. And S.lla Swensen set up a pretty awesome day for us where we started by having a mock-dinner with an italian member, and I got to be the Italian member. So, Anziani Jeter and Ellsworth came over to my "house" and they had to try and teach me a lesson and not stay too horribly long, while I just kept feeding them more and more food, and when they didnt want any more I would be devastated and say things like "non vi piace il mio cibo??? " and so they had 5-6 courses of food. it was awesome. Two of my friends also came over during this simulation (Anz Scheurn and Smith) and they (anz jeter and ellsorth) were supposed to try and teach them a lesson as well, while trying to maintain some kind of order during the reunion lol, so it was fun. They didn't teach them, they left too soon, but it was fun. After that simulation we had a mock meeting with a ward mission leader and then we met sonia and practiced "street contacting" with eachother. We also worked on I Love the Lord today, and although the notes are coming along, there are some serious tonal issues in the Bass section (i'm not singing bass this time =/) and i'm not entirely sure how to go about fixing that...

Domenica- Well, I had an interview with Bro. Lamoreaux (one of the counselors of our branch presidency) and he was very impressed with our district's progress in the italian language (he served in italy, and was stationed for the army in france and germany, and somewhere else where he also learned portuguese, so he knows a lot of languages) and he was also very impressed with my non-"cookie-cuttter" approach when he asked me to teach him a lesson in italian, so that was nice to hear. He also told me further how much the weight of the italians in the MTC was on my shoulders right now because Anz webb has been in a weird mood.... so ya. I realized today how much I loved working with the portuguese districts and giving them guidance and advice, and then I realized that we will be getting 25 new italians in less than 2 weeks, and i am being stoked! We worked on I love the Lord again, and the notes are getting better, but still tonal issues. I now have memorized all 4 (slash 6) parts of the songs, so that's pretty awesome.

Lunedi- We taught Giorgio and Jad today. Jad took the message alright, he's going to start reading the Book of Mormon, and we're meeting with him again on Wednesday. Giorgio, however, as soon as he read a verse in the Book of Mormon he fell in love, and he wants to get baptized. And I know this is just a simulation, but it's still awesome. So we need to teach him on wednesday about the requirements to be baptized. We gave him a couple of chapters to read in the Book of Mormon about baptism, but his readiness to receive the gospel kind of caught us off guard, but in a good way lol. Our italian is coming along great, i can say pretty much whatever i want to in italian, and I know 6 of the 8 conjugations, and I'm going to learn the other 2 this week, so ya, it's awesome.

Allora, vi amo tutti, e vi perdo. Avete divertente!

Ciao!

Anziano Bushman
Here are the basics, if you want to learn:)

No comments:

Post a Comment