Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Friends, old/new & new calling - Jan 11, 2011

Ciao!!

Mercoledi- Started off good, i decided i approve of Jones cream soda, found out in gym that i've lost 5 lbs (and have not gained it back since). Also, Anziano Webb and I had a pretty bad fight.... It was really stupid. I was being selfish with my time and would read for like 2-3 minutes more than allotted (even though I knew how important strict obedience is) and he couldn't take it anymore, so he kinda yelled at me in front of the other 2 companionships in our district to come help him plan, and I just straight up refused him. Juvenile, i know. I felt way horrible immediately after; the Spirit left, and I couldn't do anything we are so accustomed to doing here. After planning was over Anziano Webb and I were the last ones out to head to the the residence halls, and so we decided to have a talk about what happened. It was probably the first time we ever even slightly opened up to each other, so that was a little better. It still was a horrible example for the other 4 anziani... So that was Wednesday.

Giovedi- The cafeteria had easy candy!!! and it wasn't horrible!! cioe, I was actually impressed!! That was probably the best thing that ever came out of those kitchens.... Later that night right after we got into our room, Sam Garcia walks by. What the heck??!?? So that was awesome, we caught up for a little bit, found out he just got here that week, and he's going to Rochester (sp?) New York. AND he's in my building. So after that I headed over to Anziano Scheurn's room to tell him what happened, and while i'm talkin to him, I see Parker Schwarz in the hallway. lol so we talked for a couple of minutes, found out he's also in my same building, and he's going to San Antonio Spanish-speaking, so he'll be there longer than me (i believe) and he just got here a week before that. Even crazier, Parker went to the same Junior High as Anziano Scheurn, so they knew each other. crazy.

Venerdi- We had some awesome teaching experiences teaching each other (we would act as investigators and the other anziani would teach us about the word of wisdom and plan of salvation) so that was really helpful. It's nice being an investigator, cause we get to see how the other anziani teach, and it gives us knew perspectives. At lunch I got the package of letters from all the little kids, and it was awesome hahaha, my district liked them too. I'll write an actual letter to them that you can share with them. I also got the plan of salvation/piano di salvezza puzzle that you sent, and it is perfect! We kept telling ourselves that we needed to draw out the plan of salvation as a visual aid, but i'm not very artistic so i didn't really want to, and then i got the package, and it is amazing!!! thank you!! Friday night Anziano Cluff and Miller and I started to write new words to Be a Man (from Mulan) just in case there is any talent show coming up. It's pretty intense; I'll send it next week if it's finished. Just a sneak peek it's called "Serve the Lord"

Sabato- We learned IOP's and DOP's today (if you haven't studied a foreign language, it's like saying to me/you/it/us/you all/them and, ya. kinda.) and it is beautiful. Cioe, I can't show you until you can hear it, but it sounds amazing. It really is hard remaining humble when we've been called to serve the most awesome people in the world, and we're speaking the same language they speak in the Celestial Kingdom, so that's been a challenge...

So, saturday night I feel was the beginning of quite the chain of events... When it came time for companionship study, my companion and I decided we wanted to clear some things up first.... So we talked, and said everything that was on our minds. Neither was hurt, but we both learned a lot, and it was so much easier to get along once neither of us were holding anything against the other, or suppressing any feelings. So although it took the entire hour, it was amazing progress in our companionship, and things have been great ever since.

Domenica- This was our last sunday with the older italian districts, so we all [k]new that some changes were going to be made (i.e. new zone/district leaders), and although I love bossing people around (scherzo) and being a leader, I decided a couple days prior that I would rather not have the leadership position this time, and instead would rather just focus on being the best missionary I could be. Well, lo and behold, President Shippen (our branch president) pulled me out of the classroom an hour before sacrament meeting was to start, and gave me an interview. He asked a lot of really detailed questions, about me, my companionship, and my district, and I had to answer him in just as much detail, so that was kind of intimidating. And after 10-15min he got up and went to get Anziano Webb. Now I could tell something was up. And after maybe 2min he asked us if we would accept the call to be the new Zone Leaders. We said yes, mainly because we were too afraid to say no, and it began.

Once we were sustained and the rest of the anziani found out, they kept laughin and joking cause several of them have been calling us the "new zone leaders" for the past week, and they haven't let us live it down yet. The rest of the day was pretty full with a lot of goodbyes, and last-times with the older anziani, so we took a bunch of pictures during our temple walk. It was fun.

Later we had a zone leader orientation, where we thought we were going to be told exactly what all our responsibilities were going to be, and rather than being specific, they just impressed on our minds how easy it is for an elder to get sent home, and how important it is to obey, so that didn't make anything easier. We now had 14 elders to babysit and make sure they didnt get sent home, Awesome. Later that night Anziano Luke and Anziano Miller (the former zone leaders) told us a couple of the things we were supposed to do, but we still have a lot of questions... so this should be fun.

Lunedi- In class we heard a phenomenal talk by Elder Jeffrey R Holland when he came to the MTC last May, and it was intense. He was very emotional about what we have been called to do, and made a very clear impression that we "do not have the right to compromise what a mission is" and that we have no right to be anything other than what our little nieces/nephews/cousins think we are.

Also, as a district we decided on sunday that we were going to sing a song for the older anziani before they left just to show that we care about them. So we practiced for about an hour on sunday inno #44 "Mandate Voce di Gioa l'Eterna" (in the hymn book i sent you) which is a song thats exclusive to the italian hymn book, and so it's very popular among us anziani, and its the song they sang for us when we first arrived. We did a 3-part harmony (melody, bass, and tenor lines) and I was amazed at how musically talented my district is! Anyways, we made the older anziani cry. It was that beautiful -scherzo. But ya, i'm going to record it and send it with the next memory card i send.

Also, I got the big package you sent on Monday, and it was pretty hilarious how ironic it was carrying around a huge nerf-gun box the day after I was called to be the zone-leader and now have to enforce not having toys or anything lol. But the decorations/sweaters/everything is AMAZING thank you so much! Everyone was so jealous! but also glad that I was in their district cause we're putting some of the decorations up in our classroom. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Martedi- Today was pretty good, we quickly got behind our planned schedule by more than an hour (due to no fault of my own), but then we got to the temple, so that was a good stress reliever.
My district... Anziani Jeter, Terry, Parrish, Me, Webb and Ellsworth.
Me & Anz Blaga
Anz Scheurn & Me

No comments:

Post a Comment