Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Focus/Charity/Mario - Jan 4, 2011

Martedi (scorsa)- Last p-day was great. My companion and I were finally starting to click, and so things were going much smoother. So since things were going so great, it was only natural for me to read 3Nefi capitulo13 versetta25 "...Remember... ye are they whom I have chosen to minister unto this people. Therfore I say unto you, take no thought for your life..." And it hit me like a cannonball. I immediately knew that I had to be completely focused on the Lord's work, and even monitor my thoughts, and not think about things back home, or about anything other than this work that I have been called to do. Although it's going to be really tough, I know that I will be blessed for doing so. It was also really cool to see how easily Heavenly Father can communicate with us through the scriptures, and really has inspired me to keep reading. At the end of the day i remember looking back and realizing that that was p-day, and thinking to myself that there's no way that was p-day, because I had so many great spiritual experiences, and learned so much.

Mercoledi- The "older" anziani got their flight plans today, and were wayy excited. Even the one that we knew to be quiet and reserved were jumping for joy, and telling random strangers about their exciting news lol. It was hilarious! Since our companionship was going a lot smoother, we were able to use our MDT (missionary directed time) a ton more effectively, and we started gathering scriptures for all the principles found within the Plan of Salvation. I also started reading Jesus the Christ, and got WAY into it, and have been reading it every day since (i'm on page 132 now). My goal is to finish it while i'm at the MTC.

Giovedi- According to my notes i took down the food was good on thursday.... But i can't imagine that was possible... I was probably just delirious from the cold or something. Oh! and the cold! I don't know what the temperature is, but it snowed for several days this week, and starting around thursday the snow would turn into ice, so all the sidewalks got really slippery. We even took a moment of MDT time to watch out of our classroom window to see how many elders would slip on the ice. 3 in two minutes. It was great haha. Comunque, we eventually learned that it was easier to intentionally slide on the ice, than it was to try and keep footing on it. So we basically skated from class to class.

Venerdi- Well, friday we had some pretty rough patches as a companionship... I'm not going to go into detail, but it was definitely wayy childish, and i've sworn to myself that it's never gonna happen again. I also felt what i feel was the first true taste of charity that I have ever had, and I hope to have even more charity (pure love of Christ) in the future. We had a great substitute, and he even had us practice talking to the bricks on the walls outside the classroom, and that surprisingly was a huge help. It was also kind of really funny... My brick's name was Mario. Becuase he was over by the drinking fountain, and thus there were water pipes behind him.... Get it? Cause he's a plumber? I thought it was funny...

Sabato- Well, the whole day was pretty normal. I started running during gym time with Anziano Wilke (from england) so that was fun.

Domenica- We had a mission conference where the mission presidency talked to us for the last time before the new presidency takes over, so that was a cool experience. One of the talks was on holding to the Iron Rod, and it really struck me how important it is to not ever let go, no matter what you're letting go for. At the end of the day we did some tie trades, and I traded my red tie.... Although I am kinda sad, I got a pretty awesome tie for it, so it wasn't too bad. And I didnt realize this till after the trades, but is that breaking the sabbath?? Oh well, we won't do it again.
Anz Terry and Me with our first tie trade

No comments:

Post a Comment