Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Doing My Part Now & When I Go Home! Nov 14, 2012

Well, my last comp, the missionary who will "kill" me, is Anziano Anderson. I have never met him before, and all I've heard is that he's from the farm town of Delta, Utah and he's entering his 5th transfer. I've also heard that he's "pretty chill" so albeit that is one of the most generic descriptions I have ever heard, this could work out pretty well. My emotions haven't really caught up with the reality that I'm entering my last transfer, so I can't exactly say I'm freaking out. But I AM very excited to get things going here in Gorizia! I know I've been saying this for 6 weeks now, but there's a LOT of potential here, and if I don't see any baptisms, the missionary that takes my place here will for sure! With the Christmas season last year the people were a little more open. Not much, just a little. But still, I'm ready.

I am however super excited to come home. It's not the kind of excited where somehow it renders the person unable to think or do anything else, but every time I think about it I remember more and more things I could have done before to help God's Kingdom grow while I was still home. In fact, I strongly believe that a large part of the reason why we serve missions at such a young age, is to help us realize how much it is that members can do for the missionary work, and how they actually have WAY more influence than we do as full-time missionaries. It's true that we have been given the directive to teach, and the spirit will work through us as missionaries when we are teaching the gospel, but members are the ones that help change people's lives. It's the members in the area that will be a part of that person's life for good, and help strengthen them by being a good example. So that's what I wish I had done better, and that's what I can't wait to do when I get home =)  

But for now, I'm preparing to introduce the city to my new companion and start teaching God's children. Until next week! vi voglio tutti un sacco di bene!

Anziano Bushman

The Gondola's in Venezia (Venice)
Us and Manlio
Us and the Zuccòn family
The Italy/Slovenia border in Gorizia. It's famous:)
With the Schina family - S.lla Schina is from England, so the whole family speaks both english and italian.
English class!
Me in Venezia (Venice)

No comments:

Post a Comment