Friday, April 29, 2011

Pictures! April 20, 2011


So, we were biking down a canal path to an investigator, and we saw sheep being herded, with two shepherds, and a guard dog watching over all the sheep. It was hilarious! I didn’t know people still did that! They all had little cowbells (or sheep bells) on them, and they were just chilling eating grass and getting some water. It was hilarious!

Next, we were heading home from an appt, and I hear this little whiny engine coming up behind me, so I just figured it was another scooter (a lot of people ride scooters here) but I turn around and what I thought I saw was a mini (like 3-4ft tall) semi truck! And inside there was some guy all crunched over driving it lol. My companion later told me that it was a scooter with a shell on it hahahahahaha. Like a camper shell! It was hilarious! I don’t know if it was supposed to be a safety measure, or if he was trying to carry stuff on his scooter, but it looked ridiculous.

And thus I have decided to carry my camera everywhere I go from this day forth.

With Bruno we should hopefully be seeing him again today to invite him to church for pasqua (easter). But yeah, all of those little pastries were pretty dang delicious. Especially the one that looked like a seashell....

I am becoming quite the cook, out of necessity! Homemade brownies!
Of course, the best part is licking the bowl clean!
And I am learning to love it!
Azayra's baptism went great! it was right after church so there were still a lot of members there, and it took Fratello Merenda (her uncle) 3 tries to get her completely under the water, so that was kinda comical. And Claudio is making great progress! However, he just realized that we've been telling him that we have living prophets today...even though he came to general conference...lol he's great. He should be having a baptism around the 7° of May though.

This is Azayra on her baptism day. Her Uncle performed the baptism.
Before we could have the baptism, the font had to be cleaned....
Personal study time, area map in the background, motivational quotes on the walls, etc.
Another view outside our apartment window. My mom was actually able to see our apartment using the church's map tool on their website. She went to street view and there we were:)
From our balcony!

No comments:

Post a Comment