Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Music & Goodbyes! - Feb 22, 2011

Well, this one's gonna be really short, becuase we're heading to the travel office in less than an hour, but my companion wanted to stop here, so I figured I 'd write a little.

Some highlights of the week-
I got the applesauce spice cake, and it felt like I was opening my mission call again, it was awesome!!!! thank you so much!!!! I ate a ton, but I also made sure all the italians tried a piece of it, and every single person loved it, and wanted me to make sure you knew just how awesome you are!!
Sorella Swensen (our teacher) was shocked to make the connection that I sounded just like a sicillian (i guess my accent) so that was pretty awesome. Not exactly Northern Italy, but better than an American accent!

Chris Igleski (from AYSO) came in this week, so we made sure to take a picture (at the big map) and it was wayy fun to see him. He's going stateside somewhere spanish speaking.

We had a zone conference saturday, where we taught little miny lessons to the entire zone, and it felt very different teaching in english (because there are still 23 new anziani/sorelle) Anziano Webb, Parrish, Terry and I sang "Sempre Vicino a Te" (nearer my god to thee) at the conference, and it was pretty awesome, not gonna lie. then we ended with the two districts that are leaving singing the inno di Milano (because we're all going to Milan). It's not in the hymn book, but you can try looking it up online I guess. It starts with "Non ci stancheremo mai di servire il Signor" (we will never tire to serve the Lord). I'm pretty sure everysingle sister in the room was balling by that time, and I even heard Sorella Buma say that hearing that song made her want to go to Milan (instead of Rome)!

There were a lot of goodbyes, and Fratello Calder read to us from his missionary journals for a good hour, and it was wayy awesome to hear just how each day went! (he did get pretty chubby in the face during his mission though lol, but he looks fine now, so i don't think i'm worried about the weight thing).

ALSO firday morning we met with this guy who was the Italian Vice consul or something, but he was about 60yrs old (Giovanni Maschero) and he was Italian, and he told us some cool stories, prepared us a bit for entering into Italy and what the people are going to be like, and even spoke some italian to us, so that was way fun.

Sunday, the two districts that are departing and the 8 sorelle in our zone sang the EFY medley in italian for the departure devotional (probably 500 ppl) and it was pretty epic.

Well, i've got to go get my luggage now, so i will probably call from the SLC airport and denver, Ci vediamo!!
-Anz Bushman
Christ Igleski (AYSO) and I

No comments:

Post a Comment