Wednesday, February 16, 2011

24 New Italian Missionaries!!! - Feb 8, 2011

Allora, questa settimana era GRANDISSIMO!!!!

Mercoledi- The new missionaries came in today!!!!! Wow- it's kinda hard to believe that was a week ago... I feel like I've really gotten to know a lot of them already! Anyways, Anziano Ellsworth and I went to host for the new missionaries (where we meet their family at the curb and give them a brief tour and get them started at the mtc) in hopes of getting to host one of the new Itailians, and we figured out that we had something like 1 in 8 chances that one of us would get to host an italian at some point during the day, and sure enough, the first one that came up to us was a 7ft elder goin to milan! So, I went with him (si chiama Anz Guest) and showed him around and it was way awesome. I also found out though, that I have no arm muscles... The hosts are supposed to carry around their luggage for them, and I almost died. It was a little embarrassing, but I made it. Afterwards I hosted an elder that had come from england and was heading to Idaho. Later in the day our two districts sang Mandate Voci di Gioia l'Eterna to them, and it was awesome! At about 8pm, Anziano Webb and I went into their classroom and gave them a brief overview of some of the rules they needed to know before the next day, and we answered a ton of questions that they had, oh, and turns out one of the anziani arrived late because of an ice storm in texas, so we helped him get settled in, and then when we got back into the residence hall, the portuguese zone leaders (theyre in our branch, but theyre still kinda new, and arent very serious at all) thought it would be a good prank to act like one of the rooms that the new anziani were staying in was already full... I didnt get it, but whateva, everything worked out.

Giovedi- Well, I'm getting to know them a lot better already, it's pretty awesome, because we're so involved with the new districts right from the start, so they get to know us just as well as they know eachother. We found out today that one of the sorelle (there are now 8 sorelle in our zone! and we didnt have any before!) Sorella Simkins, is leaving in 3 weeks with us, becuase she spent 11months on an exchange in Italy, and already is fluent in the language! She's supposed to be switching to our district sometime soon, so that's gonna be awesome! Tonight they met with our branch presidency and while they were being individually interviewed (24 interview= a long time) we taught them all about companionship unity, and planning time, and study time, and got to answer even more questions, and make them even more stressed out lol

Venerdi- Two of the new Anziani rolled their ankles today in gym (first Anziano Guest then Anziano Telaroli) but they are doing a lot better now. Except Anziano Telaroli damaged some tendons or something, so he will be participating in a physical therapy during gym for the next 9 weeks... Today was kind of a sad day. One of the the new anziani had seemed kinda distraught, and I could tell that he really did not want to be here since the first night, and he has since met with our branch, district, and mission presidents.... He went home this afternoon... They told us he had an anxiety issue.... But i'm not so sure I believe it. That's why I haven't mentioned his name... The worst part was watching it happen for three days and not being able to do anything about it, or not being able to make him realize how much he would regret this decision for the rest of his life....

Sabato- Well today I directed a small choir. We now have 37 Italians in our zone, and we taught them the parts to "Mandate Voci..." and it was pretty dang awesome. It sounds so much better with sisters!!! I now officially know every new missionary's name (all 23 of them- that's right!) ANd today was especially hard trying to keep morale up (in both the old and new districts) and at the same time keep it relatively quiet in the residence halls and the classrooms during study time. We're still learning a lot as zone leaders. I'm kinda not sure what i'm supposed to do with one of the anziani.... I'll tell you more in the letter that i'm gonna send, but ya

Domenica- Was kinda of interesting.... I loved it because we got to fast and feel the blessings from that, and because it was fast sunday we had a mission conference and got to hear from our mission presidency and we got to bear out testimonies during sacrament meeting, so that was wayyy fun! But we also forgot about some of our responsibilities as zone leaders because of how crazy the week was with the new missionaries entering and everything... For example we have a leadership meeting each sunday mornign, and it's right next to our classroom, and since we're the italian zone leaders, everything is our responsibilty, and this week we forgot to clean it up..... and it's not like we ever remembered- not untill the sunday morning and Bro Lamoreux (sp?) came to us and said "guess where I was for the past 15 min" and then he continued to tell us that he had spent the last 15 min on his hands and knees cleaning up the room we were to meet in because it was atrocious. I almost peed my pants. It was very much embarrassing... oh well. The rest of the day was awesome, we saved 37 seats for the fireside and film that night and all the new missionaries loved sitting with all of us, so it was way awesome!
Allora, no ho tempo piu, ma scrivero una lettura

Ciao ciao!

Oh, I realize I didn't write anything about Monday and thats because I ran out of time, and not much happened. Still loving it here, and still trying to combat the feelings of other missionaries that feel that they don't need to be here...

I truly feel blessed to be in this district - although we don't have any sisters, we have all long sing gotten over our differences with each other and we all love each other! And more over, I haven't once heard any of us complain, or express a desire to not be exactly where we are, doing exactly what we're doing. It's kind of way sad when I hear elders that don't feel that way; that feel like they know better...

I'm not sure what I would do without the scriptures; without the knowledge that prophets have gone before me experiencing my exact "pains". Alma 8:15 has helped me a lot in this situation, and helps me just keep a positive in hopes of bringing those others here unto Christ. And now I feel like I'm preaching, so I;m going to mi chiudo la boca.

Allor, come sempre, vi amo tutti! E mi piacciomo molte le vostre letture che mi avete spedito! Grazie!

Grazie mille! - Anziano Bushman
My District, left to right Anz Jeter, Frat. Calder, Anziani Terry, Parrish, Me, Webb and Ellsworth - -
I love them all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment