Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Felix Is The Man! Aug 8, 2012

Well, we are being SUPER blessed in this usually-dead time of the year! Let me tell you a little bit why.

Felix. Is. THE MAN. Besides having had an overly gruesome/epic near-death war story, he is also a spiritual GIANT! He agrees 100% with all of the commandments of God, but not only. He had decided on his own that coffee, smoking, alcohol, drugs, and EVEN TEA are bad for us, and thus has never used any of them in his 53yrs of life. Except for tea. That one he got sick after his work told him to drink it so he stopped. aaaaaand yeah. We did a mock baptismal interview, and he whipped through it saying it was too easy! And just to put some icing on this beautiful cake, we asked him what he thinks about his baptism and his response: "I think baptism is very important, and an opportunity for us to change our lives. I'm ready to change my life!" I'm not sure exactly what changes he needs to make in his life, as far as I can tell, he's a saint. But yeah. A little tragic side to Felix however, is that he can no longer return to Cuba, his home country, because he's been out of the country for 5yrs and thus considered a traitor. Nor can his family leave Cuba. Cuba doesn't let it's citizens use the internet, and they have very VERY little contact with the outside world, so he just is able to call his family every once in a while, but the calls are $1/minute. He really wants his family to find the church their in Cuba though. We found out that they have a branch there, we just can't get an address.... So, yeah. That's Felix. 

Mohammed is also a stud. He is making huge changes in his life to embrace the gospel, and is meeting with us/coming to activities three times a week!

Guido is a little more stubborn, but he is also making a lot of progress. In fact, I really feel like I have been transferred here to Modena to help him in particular. He's a very smart guy, but he takes a lot of patience. He has this thick outershell that he just hides behind all the time with joking around. But, he's starting to open up. It's trying my patience, and it's taking a lot of firmness, but I've never felt so guided by the spirit as I do when I talk to him. God wants his son back, and he's allowing me to help!

Stefania also just got back on Monday, so we are going to see her tonight.

All in all the work just hasn't slowed down at all! In fact, I kind of forgot that it's august, cause last august was not nearly this awesome!!

Well, that's all I have for you guys today. vi voglio tutti un sacco di bene! 

Anziano Bushman
Not your average horse museum!

No comments:

Post a Comment