Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Start a Study Journal! June 20, 2012

Heyy, we finally moved in!!! Whoot! This place is soo much nicer too! I snapped a couple of photos, so you may be able to get a good idea of how awesome this place is.
Well, as far as the work goes, it’s going well. Two lesson in particular come to mind (even though we’ve had many awesome lessons this week). The first one I wanted to mention was with Marius (gelataio miracle find from a month ago). We finally managed to find a time and place that worked for both of us, and turns out he’s even more awesome than I remember! After we presented him the Book of Mormon and explained a bit, he told us he had a question… which normally isn’t the greatest thing to hear, because too often that statement is followed by some piece of anti-mormonism nonsense. He then asked us (also keep in mind he’s 20 yrs. old, loves soccer, and pretty normal guy) so he asks us “How can I avoid sin and temptation?” That was definitely NOT what I was expecting! But Marius is such a stud! And really wants to change his life, and he believes that we can help him. Golden!!!
The other lesson that stands out was yesterday with Davide Bedalucco. Ruben (our ward mission leader) was able to come with us, and even drive us there, saving us from a 40 minute bike ride in church clothes. But Ruben was super key to this lesson. He was just able to relate to Davide better than we (as foreigners) would ever be able to, and so things are finally starting to click for him! Nury, his wife, was working so we’re going to go again by them tomorrow to catch Nury up to speed. But the best part about all of this was the enthusiasm that Ruben had after the lesson! He was just super excited for Thursday, and ready to make plans and what not to help this family towards baptism! It was definitely something I hadn’t seen in Ruben yet, but I am super glad that he’s involved again in missionary work.
Well, that’s all I got. I love you all so much, and hope to see all of you at the airport in 6 months!
Oh, one little tidbit: one thing that’s really helped me a lot this week, is I started (finally) a study journal. Following the counsel of Elder Scott, I bought a notebook that I like and could even “treasure” and I’ve been keeping note of any questions I’ve had, or dilemmas I’ve been facing, and then praying about them and writing down what I receive as an answer in prayer. And then! (this part is key) I’ve been reviewing what I’ve written. And let me tell you, it is making a world of difference! Things I never imagined that I could do are now coming to me as natural. It’s amazing! If you don’t have a spiritual study journal, I suggest you start one! Well, again, vi voglio un sacco di bene! Ciao!!

Anz Bushman
On scambio with Anz Lehnardt, my ex comp/new district leader!!!
Pictures of my new place!



1 comment:

  1. Jonathan is such a good writer. All his letters are interesting. Thanks so much for the Elder Lehnardt photo!

    ReplyDelete