Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Siena is BEAUTIFUL with room to grow!!! Sept 7, 2011

Well, things have been pretty awesome here in Siena!!! We've just been talking to everyone, and teaching everyone! I'm not sure what it is about the work here, if it's the companionship I'm in, or if it's just this city, but it's really not that hard to find someone that's willing to talk to us out here! We have taught a lot of people out here in the parks, and then when we go to look for people in the homes, we almost always find someone that lets us in, and the last couple times we haven't had to do much looking before we found them! It's way awesome!

So, yeah. We still don't have too many investigators, so now we need to get better at moving from teaching to setting up appointments. But, the one investigator we have right now is getting baptized on Sunday! Her name is Tine, and she is super brava! She's completely changing her life for the gospel, and it's awesome! AND she's wanting us to teach her friends!

The branch is super tiny! Maybe 9 active members that show up each sunday, and the only priesthood holders are the branch presidency, but that just means we have a lot of good work to do. One of the big problems with the branch here, is they all live VERY far away. Most of them have to drive 100-200km to get to church every sunday, it's crazy! Our apartment is awesome! It's smaller, but way nice! There's all kinds of nice cooking equipment, and we even have a little backyard!!! We mainly walk everywhere, unless we're going out of Siena to another city to visit a member or less active or something. There are way too many hills and what not to have bikes.

I'm sorry the emails have been kind of short lately... My mind just keeps going blank! Being Senior comp is fun. It's very different in several ways... Because in the past I've had comps that have just taken the lead, and then I've had comps that have tried to take the lead, but shouldn't have (because they didn't know what they were doing), and I've had comps that have just worked as a team, but this, this is different. With both of us being fairly young in the mission I can't very well take the lead, but at the same time, in this situation someone has to. A lot needs to change in the work here, and I'm not blaming it on my companion or anything, but Siena has seen at least 6 different missionaries (me being the seventh) since I got here in Italy, and some of them did not do too much.... But me and my comp are determined to get Siena on track again! AND Siena is gorgeous! Definitely the most beautiful city in the mission! I'll keep sending pictures.

Thank you so much for writing me, I really love hearing from you all each week! I pray for you all each night! Take care and remember to always scegliere il giusto!

Anziano Bushman
(Pictured above and below) Me and Anz Scheurn finally chilling on P-day! (In firenze by the way) Oh, AND there's a Hard Rock Cafe there! So we all went and ate!  Then we went and checked out some of the cool sites in Firenze, it was awesome!



Me and Anz Scheurn got delicious Ice cream - Ben & Jerry's - because my birthday was just a while ago, and his is coming up!
This statue is everywhere in Siena! I guess it's there emblem or something, but it's representative of the Romulus and Remulus story, so I thought it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment