Saturday, December 25, 2010

2nd Italian dist./MTC food - Dec 25, 2010

Dear Family & Friends,

Before I finish telling you about the week a few things… please make sure anyone who wants to write to me knows how to use DearElder.com, or they can use standard mail, but please don’t email back to the address that I use, because I only have 30 minutes to access that each week.

Anyways, P-days are Tuesdays, so that’s the only time I can write/email, but I get letters anytime Monday through Friday (we check 2 times a day). I talked about my district in the email, so I won’t repeat that, but the other Italian district that came in is also pretty hilarious. I only know about 4 out of 8 of them:

Anz. Schuern is from Gilbert (I think he went to Basha High) and is like best friends with the English and French anziani.

Anz. Wilkey is from Southern England and is hilarious. When we first met our branch president (4 Italian districts & 4 Portuguese districts) our president said something about wearing pants, or needing to wear pants for the service activities and Anz. Wilkey raised his hand and said “Excuse me, what are pants?” hahaha…it was funny. Apparently pants = underwear in England and trousers = what we call pants. Anz. Portelano is his companion, and he’s from France and is hilarious as well. He speaks better Italian than English, so that’s always fun.

My teachers are great. Fratello Calder served in the Milan mission, and one of the first things he told us was that Italy has 3 degrees of glory…well now, there’s only 2 missions, but you get the idea (Milan = Exaltation). Ya, it was funny. He’s a great teacher and has as exceptional knowledge of the language and grammar.

Sarella Swensen is basically an angel. She always knows exactly how to invite the spirit, and she’s the nicest person here by far.

Sunday night we had an AWESOME fireside. The main speaker was acting as Willard Richards (close friend to Joseph Smith) and he performed the entire account of the persecutions and trials that Joseph Smith went through. He was talking 60mph and did not even stop to catch his breath or get a drink of water (about 75 minutes). It was great. The musical number, not so great. It just had no movement, so it kinda was a let down, but oh well. Choir was alright. There’s too many people for it to be fun. The food is pretty good. Definitely not amazing, but better than having to cook for myself. My guess is all those RM’s (Return Missionaries) that claim the food was amazing just didn’t have a mom as amazing as you. Oh well.

Ciao

-Anziano Bushman

No comments:

Post a Comment